Coronavirus has affected many countries in the world. There is a situation of lockdown in countries prone to this epidemic. Schools, colleges, malls, markets and means of transport are closed in these countries. Companies have asked their employees to work from home.
This new workflow also poses many challenges. Let us know what those challenges are and how to overcome them.
1. While working from home, you should first find a place in your home, where office work can be handled with convenience. The ideal way is to work in a room where you have no roommate, no fridge and no bed, so there would be fewer distractions. Your work area must have workable furniture. Work chairs should be used instead of sofas in the work area.
2. The second important thing is to maintain discipline. All the items related to your work such as laptop, diary, pen, mobile phone and charger, etc. should be in one place. Sometimes there is a lot of noise in the house. In such a situation, you should also have a headphone to avoid this noise.
3. Maintaining communication during work from home is an important thing. Be available on time for your team and manager, it is very important when working from home. You can have a video conference to discuss with your team. For this, you can use technology like Google Hangout.
4. Avoiding interruptions by your family members during work from home is also a major challenge. Tell them not to disturb you during working hours and make every effort to avoid every kind of disruption.
5. Do not expect yourself to be super productive on the very first day. There might be some problems on the first day, but keep your target in mind and be sure to meet your deadlines.